At LonoLife, we believe everyone should have access to healthy, nutritious food, especially children. But, as much as it hurts us to admit, that’s simply not a reality for many children across the country. Sadly, there are far too many American children who don’t know where their next meal will be coming from. Schools provide meals for many food insecure students during the week…but what happens over the weekend?
An already dire situation has become exacerbated during the current outbreak of COVID-19, and at LonoLife we knew we had to play a part in the solution. That’s why we are so excited to announce that we’ve partnered with the national non-profit organization Blessings in a Backpack to donate a portion of all our online sales through the end of June. Blessings in a Backpack mobilizes communities, individuals and resources to provide food on the weekends for elementary school children across America who might otherwise go hungry. With a vision to lead the movement to end childhood hunger, the charitable organization works to ensure every school-aged child in America has the nourishment needed to learn and grow.
We know many of our customers are as concerned as we are about helping families in need during this time, so here’s how you can help.
1 ) For every purchase you make on our online store we will donate five per cent of the net sale to Blessings In A Backpack. So really, you don’t have to do anything other than continue ordering your regular order of bone broth, collagen, and protein coffee! (You can help us donate more by bulk-ordering between now and the end of June if you like.)
2) If you are feeling extra generous, there will be the option to add an additional donation to the charity. That’s totally optional, but we know there are plenty of our consumers looking for ways to help those less fortunate right now.
3) Finally, become part of our national campaign called Goodwill Hunting and help us flip the switch towards positivity by sharing good news and uplifting stories through your social channels and tag #goodwillhunting and #lonolife. We will share some of our favorites through our own social channels!
A FEW FACTS ON CHILDHOOD HUNGER IN THE UNITED STATES (courtesy of Blessings In A Backpack)
– More than 11 million children in the United States live in food insecure homes.
– One in seven children does not get the food they need every day.
– Three out of four teachers say they have children in their classrooms who regularly come to school hungry.
–Three prevalent consequences of hunger in schools: inability to concentrate, poor academic performance, and headaches and stomach aches.
–Nearly half (44%) of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or food stamps) are kids.
Together, we can work towards a more food secure future for our nation’s children while focusing on goodwill and positivity.
Thanks to all our amazing customers who enable us to support great causes like this.