- Keto 7 Layer Dip
- Chicken Bone Broth Black Bean Dip
- Vanilla Collagen Bites
- Lono-Lifesaver Bloody Mary
Mark your calendars (we know, you probably already did that!) because the 2021 Super Bowl is about to hit your screen. Football’s biggest day of the year is upon us, and so is the snack menu. We’ve put together a few of our favorite recipes — perfect for Super Bowl Sunday — so you can plan ahead and make sure that no matter who wins, you get to enjoy the food as much as the football.
KETO 7 LAYER DIP
Keto dieters, have we got a great one for you. This keto-friendly take on the traditional 7 layer dip gets a tasty boost from our Keto Beef Bone Broth, giving it all the taste and none of the guilt. #winning.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 serving LonoLife Keto Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 2-3 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream 2 green onions, thinly sliced 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced 1/4 cup shredded mexican blended cheese
- On medium heat, cook beef in a large pan with oil. Add LonoLife Keto Beef Bone Broth, cumin, chili powder, and water. Cook for about 5 minutes or until all the beef is cooked through. Set aside and wait until it’s cooled. If necessary, drain any grease from the beef.
- In a serving dish, preferably a clear dish (to see the layers), layer about ½ in of each layer, starting with beef at the bottom, then guacamole, sour cream, cheese, green onions, tomatoes and olives. When layering the sour cream, be sure to cover and seal the guacamole to avoid browning.
- Serve with veggies of your choice such as bell pepper or celery.
CHICKEN BONE BROTH BLACK BEAN DIP
Say no to those preservative-packed store-bought dips and make your own, with little more than a can of beans, bone broth, and some spices. This black bean dip packs in plenty of protein and is full of flavor, making it a game day champ.
- 1 serving of LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth
- 1- 15.5 ounce black beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chili powder to taste / spice level
1) Add ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend on medium to high until smooth.
2) Once smooth, transfer dip to a serving dish.
3) Top with olive oil and fresh cilantro.
4) Serve with a side of tortilla chips and enjoy!
KETO PIZZA WITH BONE BROTH PIZZA SAUCE
What? You thought we weren’t going to include pizza on our Super Bowl menu? We think it’s kind of mandatory, actually. However, this pizza is not your usual pie. Firstly, it’s gluten free (we use coconut flour instead) and then it manages to squeeze some nutritious bone broth into the pizza sauce. How’s that for a MVP?
For Pizza Sauce:
- 16 oz can organic tomato paste
- ⅓ cup to ½ cup LonoLife Keto Beef Bone Broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
For Pizza Crust:
- 2 tbs organic cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup organic mozzarella cheese made with whole milk
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- Uncured pepperoni
- ½ cup organic mozzarella cheese made with whole milk
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare the pizza sauce, whisk together tomato paste and broth. Add more broth for a thinner sauce, and less broth for a thicker sauce. Add spices and whisk until combined.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add cream cheese and 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Microwave for 45 seconds, mix, and microwave for another 45 seconds.
- Add coconut flour and eggs and mix with a fork. Once combined, take out the mixture and knead on a flat surface for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer dough to your pizza pan or baking sheet. Shape the dough into a flat circle with a thickness of about ¼ of an inch. Poke holes into the dough with a fork to avoid bubbles forming.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is out of the oven, assemble with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the pizza is golden brown.
- Add basil for garnish. Slice and enjoy!
VANILLA COLLAGEN BITES
After you’ve worked your way through your savory snacks, that sweet tooth might start to kick in. Be ready for it with these collagen-infused vanilla bites, a supremely healthy “treat” featuring oats, flaxseeds, and collagen in its arsenal of ingredients.
- 1 serving LonoLife Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Combine all ingredients together in a bowl until well mixed.
2) Form into 1″ balls using hands.
3) Arrange bites on a baking sheet and freeze until set (about 1 hour).
LONO-LIFESAVER BLOODY MARY
So now you’ve got your dips and your sweet treats, you’ll need something to wash all that down. May we suggest the LonoLife take on a Bloody Mary? We know, beer is often the drink of choice on this particular day, but why not give something different a try? Besides, this recipe is perfect for any time you’re looking for a protein-packed alcoholic drink with a kick. Cheers!
- 2 ounces of LonoLife Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 dashes celery bitters
- 1 dash freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces tomato juice
- 1 ounce jalapeno juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Shake until combined. Pour mixture over ice in a cocktail glass.
- For garnish, place a slice of lime and olive on a toothpick and attach to top of a celery stick. Enjoy!