Holidays and dessert. Dessert and holidays. No matter which way you say it, those two words just have a sweet ring to them, don’t they? We think so too, which is why we are elbow deep in mixing bowls right now, coming up with some of our favorite holiday dessert recipes. But the following recipes have a secret twist — they feature protein-packed collagen for a healthy boost to your sweet treats.
Try them for yourself — but don’t forget to save some to share with your neighbors… This is the holiday season after all!
FLOURLESS PUMPKIN MUG CAKE
Yep, you heard that right. It’s a flourless cake (making it gluten free), features pumpkin (who doesn’t love pumpkin), and can literally be made in a mug in less than 2 minutes. Heck, it’s easy enough for your kids to make for you. Because, you know, holiday chores and all that…
- 2 ½ tbsp pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup no stir almond butter
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp whisked egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 serving LonoLife Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
1) Combine ingredients in a microwave safe mug.
2) Microwave for 1 minute and 50 seconds.
PALEO FRIENDLY ALMOND BUTTER ICE CREAM
The holiday season is busy enough as it is, so we’re sticking with the quick and easy approach here. This paleo-friendly take on ice cream doesn’t just give dairy the boot (a bonus for all those dairy-free dieters at your dinner table), but it sneaks in collagen for the protein win. Staying low key and guest-free this holiday season? No worries — you can pop any extra in the freezer just like traditional ice cream. Now, where’s that pie…
- 1 13.5 oz. canned coconut milk
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract (or substitute with more vanilla extract)
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (more for sweeter ice cream)*
- 1 packet LonoLife Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- *For keto-friendly recipe, replace with monk fruit sweetener or stevia, add more or less for desired sweetness
1) Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Transfer into a freezer-friendly container with lid. Place into the freezer for 4-6 hours until firm. Serve and enjoy!
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
Got someone with a sweet tooth in the house? Then this is the perfect, no bake (there we go again with easy) dessert that is literally bite-sized. These indulgent cocoa’y truffles get their sweet edge from medjool dates. Yum!
- 8 unpitted medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons dark cacao powder
- 1 servings LonoLife Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Soak the dates in warm water for about 5 minutes. Then drain.
2) Place drained dates and all other ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
3) Spoon small 1-inch balls and place onto a baking sheet and place in the freezer for around 10 minutes.
4) Roll them into shape and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, cacao powder or dip in chocolate sauce!
*Store in fridge to enjoy later
5 MINUTE PEPPERMINT FUDGE
Have you got 5 minutes to create some seasonal goodwill with your neighbors? Then may we suggest you make a plate of this delicious, 4 ingredient, peppermint fudge with collagen and drop some on their doorstep. It literally tastes like the holidays (but without the guilt.)
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- ½ cup almond butter (drippy, unsweetened)
- ¼ cup LonoLife Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- 1 +½ tsp peppermint flavoring
- Line an 8″ x 4″ baking pan with foil and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt dark chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove chocolate from heat and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into the lined baking pan and place in fridge or freezer to set.
- Once the fudge has set, remove it from the pan and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Source: Bake It Paleo