If you’re anything like us right about now, you’re probably more than ready for an adventure. Dreams of hitting the road and exploring the great outdoors as we surface from cold weather and (hopefully) the pandemic are high, and we are already mentally packing our bags.
One thing we often get asked is “what to eat” when you’re miles from restaurants and prefer the simplicity of dinner around a campfire. That’s why we’ve put together a list of our favorite, delicious, one-pot recipes perfect for those cool nights under the stars. Whether you’re a spicy jambalaya kind of person or a soup lover, there’s sure to be something here you’ll enjoy.
BONE BROTH RISOTTO
It’s a rare soul that doesn’t enjoy a warm bowl of risotto and an even rarer one that won’t love this tasty version. Delightful in its simplicity, this dish packs a little protein punch thanks to the bone broth, helping tide you over until the birds wake you up at 6am.
- 2 servings LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth mixed in 5 cups of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter (or substitute of choice)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1) Mix two packets of LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth in 5 cups of boiling water.
2) In a heavy pot set to medium heat, add diced shallots and butter. Sauté for about 30 seconds.
3) Add the dry Arborio Rice to the butter and shallots. Sauté for about 1 minute until the rice is coated in butter.
4) Add ½ cup of chicken broth to the rice. Stir until absorbed. Once the broth has been absorbed, add another ½ cup, stirring constantly. Repeat this process until the rice is creamy and al dente.
5) Once al dente, add ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Continue adding broth and cooking until desired consistency is reached. Should be slightly al dente.
6) Serve in a bowl with fresh parmesan on top if desired.
Go camping AND stick to your keto diet? Yes you can! Enjoy the taste of New Orleans around your campfire? Why not! Our pro camping tip for this recipe: pre-mix all the spices before leaving home to simplify cooking time.
- 2 tbs MCT Oil
- 1 ½ beef snack sticks sliced bite size (or 1 ½ Andouille or smoked sausage)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth
- 3 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbs BBQ Rub
- 2 tbs Rice Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 15-16 oz Cauliflower Rice
- 10 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh Parsley
1) Heat MCT Oil in a large pan on medium
2) Add the beef sticks/sausage and sauté for 3 minutes.
3) Add the veggies and cook for 4 minutes
4) Add LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth and all the spices and cook for 5 minutes.
5) Add cauliflower rice and cook 6 minutes and then add the shrimp and cook for another 4 minutes
6) Serve immediately and sprinkle on a little parsley
TACO SOUP WITH BONE BROTH
Even in the heart of summer, there’s something so satisfying about a bowl of soup around a campfire. We love this twist on a Mexican classic because it makes for an easy, tasty, one-pot wonder perfect for life on the road.
1) In a large pot sauté meat with taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until brown. (About 5 minutes)
2) Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Add more seasoning such as chili, cayenne pepper, or lime juice if needed. You can also add in some of the remaining jalapeño seeds to spice it up.
3) Serve and top it off with some avocado, sour cream & cilantro. Enjoy! *Option to add 1 cup of cream cheese to make it high fat. Perfect for the keto diet!
Source & Image : Sammi Ricke
CREAMY PARMESAN GARLIC MUSHROOM CHICKEN
Feeling fancy? Then impress your campsite crew with this delicious chicken dish that is bursting with taste and simpler to make than it looks. And yes, it can all be made in one skillet (you just need a plate to move ingredients to as you make it.) Did we mention it’s keto-friendly too?!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 8 oz sliced mushroom
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- ½ serving LonoLife Keto Chicken Broth or LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
1) In a large skillet add avocado oil and brown the chicken on both sides on medium high heat until no longer pink in center.
2) Remove chicken and set aside.
3) Add sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender.
4) Remove mushrooms and set aside.
5) To make the sauce, add butter and melt.
6) Add garlic and cook until tender.
7) Whisk in the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
8) Add spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts.
9) Add chicken and mushrooms back to the sauce and serve over your choice of sides.