Hooray to the Holidays, and hooray to cocktails, mocktails, and all the delicious drinks that accompany the season. We’re right there “cheersing” with you!
But… did you know your Holiday drinks don’t have to be laden with sugar to taste delicious? More importantly, did you know you could actually pack some powerful nutrition into your favorite tipple? (Yes, we’re talking bone broth and collagen!)
Below are a few of our favorite Holiday drinks, (both alcoholic and alcohol free), that taste delicious and are guilt-free too.
The LonoLife-Saver Bloody Mary
There’s nothing like a Bloody Mary on a cold winter’s day. But a Bloody Mary infused with nutritious bone broth? Count us in! This delicious recipe includes a little bone broth, giving it some protein. Meal replacement? Maybe not, but delicious and nutritious all the same.
- 2 ounces of LonoLife Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 dashes celery bitters
- 1 dash freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces tomato juice
- 1 ounce jalapeño juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Celery, olive and lime
1) Place ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Shake until combined. Pour mixture over ice in a cocktail glass.
2) For garnish, place a slice of lime and olive on a toothpick and attach to top of a celery stick. Place whole celery into the cocktail. Enjoy!
Spicy Cucumber Margarita
There is no margarita season, because all seasons are margarita season. After all, why should this crisp, refreshing drink be limited to the summer months? Exactly. But as with everything we make around here, we like to up the nutrition ante a little, and this margarita recipe is no different. With a healthy dose of our collagen peptides, you get to enjoy your favorite cocktail while benefiting from all the benefits of collagen too (you can read more about those benefits here.)
- 4 fluid oz LonoLife Cucumber Lemon Collagen Peptides
- 5 fluid oz tequila
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded & sliced
1) Blend ingredients together.
2) Sit back, relax & enjoy!
If we were a little more poetic we might write an ode to eggnog, but seeing as we’re not we will simply say, “Eggnog, we love you.” While some may like a little alcohol in their eggnog, we prefer to keep this one family-friendly (although no one around here will stop you adding a shot of your favorite bourbon, whiskey or rum — ‘tis the season to be merry, after all!) With the addition of collagen, this recipe comes with the added benefit of protein too.
- 1 serving LonoLife Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk or substitute of your choice
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream or substitute of choice (coconut cream is tasty!)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- dash of cinnamon to taste
1) Separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate large bowls.
2) With a whisk or mixer, beat the egg yolks until they start to lighten in color. Then, gradually add 3 tablespoons of sugar, mixing until it dissolves.
3) Add the milk, cream, collagen powder, vanilla & nutmeg. If you like it sweeter, add more sugar. Set aside.
4) In the other bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy enough that you can form soft peaks (meaning little peaks that form, but will still melt back into the mixture).
5) Gradually add 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form (peaks form and do not melt back into the mixture).
6) Fold the egg whites into the rest of the eggnog. Serve into cups and top off with cinnamon and more nutmeg to taste.
7) Toast to your health and enjoy!